The City contracts with the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department for animal control services. Our animal control officer is Mario Lee. Animal-related complaints should be directed to the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department at 651-767-0640 or simply call 911.
The basic services being provided relate to dogs/cats running at large, barking dogs, animal abuse/neglect, dog/cat nuisance issues, animal bites, potentially dangerous dogs, and wild animals that are sick or threatening humans.
- License Required: Dogs are required to have a license. Cost of the license is $20 and it is valid for two years from date of issue. A $5 discount is given with proof of spayed/neutered. A certificate of rabies vaccination is required. License your dog at Little Canada City Center. Cats do not need to be licensed.
- Number of Pets Allowed: Little Canada allows each residential dwelling to have a total of three (3) pets (dogs/cats).
- On Leash: All dogs and cats are required to be on a leash when off of the owner's property.
- Please be a considerate neighbor by cleaning up after your pet!
- Noise: Do not let your dog bark, cry, or howl continuously or intermittently.
- Non-domesticated Animals: Residents experiencing problems with non-domesticated animals such as rodents should call a pest control company for removal of the nuisance. Traps can also be purchased at Fleet Farm for larger animals.
- Dead Animals: Call 651-766-4029 to report a dead animal on a city street.
- Injured birds and other non-domesticated animals: Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of MN, 2530 Dale St. N., south of County Road C: 651-486-9453 wrcmn.org
- Nuisance wildlife calls need to be directed to a “fee for service company” and not the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department.
- Call St. Paul Animal Control Center at 651-266-1100 to inquire about a lost dog or cat that may have been picked up.