UPDATED: MARCH 17, 2020
City Hall offices will be closed to the public beginning Wednesday, March 18, to Tuesday, March 31, 2020. City staff is available for phone and email communication. Additional information for specific departments is listed below:
Utilities, Organized Trash & Recycling Collection
- All payments will be accepted at the drop-box outside the City Hall entrance door. Exact change is required for cash payments.
- All drop-box payment will be processed the following business day
- It is also possible to pay online
- City staff is available to answer questions over the phone at 651-766-4029.
Community Development and Planning
- Daily operations of Planning, Zoning, and Code Enforcement will continue will be available by phone and email.
- Information for zoning permits and licenses can be found on the Permits & Licenses webpage.
- Questions regarding planning or zoning please contact Corrin Wendell, Community Development Director/Planner at 651-766-4046 or email Corrin.
- New permit applications can be mailed to:
City of Little Canada
515 Little Canada Road East
Little Canada, MN 55117
- Please visit the Planning & Community Development webpage for additional information.
Parks & Recreation
Little Canada parks and trails remain open to the public. The city recognizes the importance of recreation and exercise in helping relieve stress during this time and are committed to providing a safe environment for visitors to enjoy while protecting the health of city staff and the community. The public is discouraged from using outdoor playground equipment because there is no way to clean and disinfect these areas. Here are a few tips for using the parks and trails:
- Follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to trails: wash hands, carry hand sanitizer, do not use trails if you have symptoms, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Observe at all times the CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
Additional steps being taken in the Parks & Recreation Department are:
- The Old Fire Hall community space is closed for rentals and programs. Full refunds will be processed for affected rentals.
- Facility rental requests are not being taken at this time.
- Registration for summer activities can be done online.
- For questions, email Parks or call 651-766-4045.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevent (CDC), the State of Minnesota Department of Health and Ramsey County Public Health are the primary sources of information regarding COVID-19 for Little Canada residents. Please visit their websites for the latest information.
COVID-19 information is also available from the Minnesota Department of Health in various languages: