The City of Little Canada is offering a Business Relief Grant Program to support local businesses impacted by COVID-19. The grant program utilizes funds that were received from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Grants will be provided to reimburse businesses for eligible expenses incurred after March 1, 2020, as a result of the pandemic.
Total Grant Funds Available: $100,000
- Home-based or non-profit businesses: Grants of up to $2,500 for eligible expenses.
- Small businesses (1-14 employees): Grants of up to $5,000 for eligible expenses.
- Small businesses (15 or more employees): Grants of up to $7,500 for eligible expenses.
- Applicant must be a local business with a physical establishment in Little Canada. If there is a parent company or a second location outside Little Canada, only the entity located in the City of Little Canada will be eligible.
- Applicant must be classified by the Small Business Association (SBA) as a small business according to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS code).
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak through a profit/loss statement or other financial documentation.
- Applicant must be in good standing with the Minnesota Secretary of State.
- Applicant must have been in operation 12 months prior to application.
- Applicant must be current on local property taxes and assessments.
- Applicant must be licensed, in good standing (if applicable).
- Applicants who have previously received any other emergency COVID-19 supplemental funding (whether state, federal, county or private in nature) for that same expense.
- Multi-state chains are generally ineligible except for locally-owned franchises.
- Businesses that primarily derive income from gambling or adult entertainment.
- Businesses that derive income from passive investments; for example, property rentals or property management; billboards; or lobbying.
- Grant funds cannot be used as revenue replacement for the City of Little Canada
(Payment of property taxes, utility charges, or other government fees are ineligible.)
BUSINESS RELIEF GRANT APPLICATION (PDF)
COVID-19 BUSINESS RELIEF GRANT PROGRAM (PDF)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Contact City Administrator, Chris Heineman at email@example.com or 651-766-4040.